Yes I know, I should watch French telly and yes I know I might learn something but sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.
On Tuesday a monsieur is coming to fix the existing satellite dish (or parabol in French – see I have learnt something!) so that it is pointing 28.2 degrees East, towards Astra 2A, 2B, 2D. or in other words, English TV!
The existing dish is loose and pointing towards the ground so hopefully with a little help from Monsieur Parabol and from the Sky digibox and ‘freesat’ card I ‘borrowed’ from Mums house in Brecon I should be sorted!
Later in the week we will also have a ‘neufbox’ which is a clever thing from SFR (equivalent of Vodafone) that uses our phone line to give us free phone calls to almost anywhere in the world (no I don’t think mum will believe me either!), 20MB broadband and around 90 TV channels, some of which in HD, all for 30 Euros a month.
We can watch a number of channels at the moment thanks to the digital tuner on our TV which finds the standard channels and about 20 others. It is hard to understand House when Hugh Laurie is doing an American accent at the best of times but when he is then speaking French on top of that!!!
I can, however, understand every word of Friends. Partly because I have seen them all before, and partly because my TV lets you change the audio language back to English on selected programmes!
Technology vs. culture - the battle, in this household, continues!
p.s. does anyone recognise the film reference in the title?
4 comments:
Lion King...
nope! but not far off!
Toy story, damn. I managed to confuse two of my favourite all time films.
correct!
Post a Comment